The Haven (The Haven Caring Counselling Communication Centre Registered Charity Number: SC032130, Company Number: SC222783) is a registered charity providing support to individuals and families affected by a range of life limiting illnesses.
At The Haven we are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what we do with it. We take your privacy seriously and we promise to respect your personal information. We are committed to using your personal information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information and not to do anything with your information you wouldn’t be aware of.
This policy is written in accordance with EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- How will we process your data?
- What is personal information?
- What is sensitive personal information?
- How do we use your information
- Our lawful basis for processing your information
- Who do we share your information with?
- Security Storage and Access to your personal data
- How long will we keep your personal information?
- Your data rights
- Reviewing this policy
1. How will we process your data?
We collect information about you:
When you give it to us directly – This might be when you:
- communicate with us (telephone, email, letter, face to face)
- sign up for one of our events
- take part in one of our events
- make a donation
- fundraise in aid of The Haven
- apply to work or volunteer for us
- are receiving support from The Haven as a client
When you give it to use indirectly – This is when you give permission for third parties to share it with us.
When others give it to us.
- If you’re receiving care or support from The Haven as a client, we might be given personal information about you from another person (e.g. a friend, family member or a healthcare practitioner), if you have consented. This may include details of your health and healthcare services you have received.
When you visit this website.
- When you visit The Haven’s website you may choose to provide us with your personal information.
Use of 'cookies'
By using and browsing The Haven website, you consent to cookies being used. If you do not consent, you must turn off cookies or refrain from using the site. It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates. For more information on how to switch off cookies on your computer, visit the About Cookies website.
YouTube cookies - We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player. To find out more please visit YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
2. What is personal information?
Depending on why you contact the Haven we might collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Your name and contact details, including postal address, telephone number and email address
- Your date of birth
- Information about our services which you use/which we would consider of interest to you
- Information as to whether you are a taxpayer so that we can claim gift aid
Depending on the type of support you are receiving from The Haven as a client, we might collect:
- Any contact you have had with us and when you have visited us
- Notes and reports about your health and any treatments you have received either form us or from other health and social care providers
- Relevant information about from you from your relatives or those who care for you and know you well
- Details of your next of kin and key contact
- Any other personal information shared with us as described above
- Information required in line with NMC code of conduct, Haven Safeguarding Policies, Statutory and contractual requirements
3. What is sensitive personal information (special category data)?
The General Data Protection Regulation recognises certain categories of personal information as more sensitive than others and therefore requiring more protection.
For example this includes information about your health, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature.
In the course of providing care to our clients or where there is a clear need to do so such as participation in a challenge event, the Haven routinely processes sensitive personal data.
In each case, we will only do so if we have a valid reason and the GDPR permits it, as described in how and why we will use your personal information.
4. How do we use your personal information?
How we use your information would largely depend on why you are providing it. We may use your information to:
- Provide you with services, products or information you’ve asked us for
- Provide further information about our work, services, activities or products
- Process your donations, including Gift Aid
- Further our charitable aims, including fundraising activities
- Evaluate the impact and effectiveness of our work and services
- Register and administer your participation in events you’ve registered for
- Report on the results and impact of our work, service and events
- To process your application for a job or volunteer role with us
- For quality control
- Audit and/or administer our accounts
- Satisfy legal obligations which are binding on us, for example from contracts entered into between you and us or in relation to regulatory, government and/or law enforcement bodies with whom we may work
- Prevent fraud, misuse of services or money laundering and to perform due diligence in respect of larger donations
- Reduce credit risks
- Communicate with you in any other way
- For the establishment, defence and/or enforcement of legal claims
How we use your information would largely depend on why you are providing it. If you are receiving support from The Haven as a client, we may use your personal information to:
- Plan your care and provide you with a high standard of care
- Provide The Haven Multidisciplinary Team and health and social care professionals who are involved in your care with relevant, accurate and up-to-date details about your health and other needs
- Take notes of any support sessions you have received from The Haven Multidisciplinary Team in line with MCN and third party professional codes of conduct
- Investigate any comments, feedback or complaints you may have
- To invite you to participate in service development activities
- In some cases, use your anonymised information (by removing anything that identifies you) for research and reporting purposes and to help us improve the quality of our services
Data protection law requires us to rely on one or more lawful grounds to process your personal information. We consider the following grounds to be relevant:
- Specific Consent - Where you have provided specific consent to us using your personal information in a certain way, such as to send you email, text and/or telephone marketing.
- Performance of a contract - Where we are entering into a contract with you or performing our obligations under it.
- Legal obligation - Where necessary so that we can comply with a legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject, for example where we are ordered by a court or regulatory authority like the Charity Commission or Fundraising Regulator.
- Vital interests - Where it is necessary to protect life or health (for example in the case of medical emergency suffered by an individual at one of our events) or a safeguarding issue which requires us to share you information with the emergency services.
- Legitimate interests - Where it is reasonably necessary to achieve our or others’ legitimate interests (as long as what the information is used for is fair and does not duly impact your rights).
Any processing based on consent will be made clear to you at the time of collection or use – consent can be withdrawn at any time by contacting us. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on 01698 727 884, or write to us at The Haven Centre, Blantyre Health Centre, Victoria Street, Blantyre, G72 0BS.
Who do we share your information with?
We will not sell, share or rent your information to third parties organisations.
We may sometimes share your information with our trusted third party service providers who are authorised to act on our behalf that may include our trading companies, contractors, and associated organisations.
For example, if you participate in our lotteries or raffles, your information will also be processed by our trading companies who administer and run these on our behalf. Or if you consent to us claiming Gift Aid on your donation your contact details will be passed to HMRC. We may also share your information with the emergency services if there is a serious need to do so if anything happens while you are supporting The Haven.
Third party suppliers are required to comply strictly with our instruction and GDPR Data Protection laws.
If you are a receiving support from The Haven as a Client:
We deliver programmes of support to families affected by life limiting illness. We may collect personal sensitive data in order to provide Haven services. This information will only be what you choose to share with us. For children and Young People under the age of 16 we will obtain consent from a parent or guardian before collecting information. This information is managed separately from the data provided to the charity.
In order to provide you with the full range of Haven service your information may be passed onto members of The Haven Multidisciplinary Team (Peer Support Volunteers and Complementary Therapists). The Haven’s Multidisciplinary Team are all bound by The Haven’s Safeguarding policies and procedures and adhere to the Confidentiality Agreement and NMC and Complementary Therapy Codes of Professional Conduct at all times.
We will only share your details to other professionals if we have your informed consent or in exceptional circumstances where legally or professionally required, for example where a child reports abuse or someone reports serious self harm or a serious intention of harming someone else.
6. Security, Storage and Access to your personal information
We promise to keep your personal information safe and secure.
We ensure that there are appropriate physical and electronic controls in line with data protection legislation to ensure that we keep your information secure, accurate and up to date. For example personal information stored in our databases has measures in place for restricting access.
Sometimes we use the services of our trusted third parties to collect or process personal data on our behalf. You should check with their privacy policies to ensure the information you give them will be safe.
No data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, The Haven cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. The Haven website may include links to other sites, not owned or managed by us such as our funder’s websites. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by these websites not managed by us.
If you are a client of the Haven and are signposted to any organisations by us, once you have made contact with that organisation we cannot be held responsible for the information collected by them.
7. How long will we keep your information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements.
8. Your Data Rights
Your Data Rights Under UK data protection law, you have certain rights over the personal information that we hold about you:
- Ask us to delete, or stop processing your personal information
- Ask for a copy of the information we hold about you
- Ask that we correct or update any discrepancies or inaccuracies in the information we hold about you
- Withdraw consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent)
- Object to our processing of your personal information
If you want to exercise any of your rights above or raise a complaint relating to the way your data is processed by The Haven please email us on email@example.com, call us on 01698 727 884, or write to us at The Haven Centre, Blantyre Health Centre, Victoria Street, Blantyre, G72 0BS.
9. Review of this policy